Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Scrappilicious Pineapple

In January 2015, I started making these pineapple blocks.  It was almost an obsession for several months.  A bunch of blocks were made.... 30 blocks to be exact.  I started with a red center to keep it consistent, then any and everything except the kitchen sink 1 1/2" strips from my scrappy bins.  The blocks ended up around 12".   


Here it is being quilted back in June 2015.  I quilted an all over feathers on it.

Machine binding is so quick and easy.  All done in a day last week.  Love those Clover Wonder Clips!

The finished quilt.... oh soo scrappy... scrappilicious pineapple!
It finished at approximately 59 x 70.

This quilt is my third finished for 2016.  I haven't blogged about my second finished for the year yet as the quilt is for my LQS Spring Fling shop hop.  This Scrappilicious Pineapple is also on my FAL 2016 list.  I'm also linking this post to Scraptastic Tuesday.

See you next time,
Rhonda

2 comments:

Nicky said...

I love it! Really would love to make one someday .....Thanks for linking up to #scraptastictuesday

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

Such a lovely scrappy finish, I love it! When I made a Pineapple quilt a few years back, the edges were all v. stretchy- I guess I didn't take care with working with those bias strips?