Wednesday, July 2, 2008

A Finish

Yeah!! My first finish for Peg's Challenge and another baby quilt for Project Linus. All I had left to do was to sew the binding down yesterday which took about 15 minutes because I machine-stitched it. I usually like to do it by machine on donation and utilitarian quilts.
I used a fabric with butterflies on it for the backing and quilted loopy butterflies in the center in yellow thread. It was scarry at first to use a color thread on white background, but I like how it looks and was able to see where I was quilting.
I love the look of feathers in quilts so for the border, I quilted "whimsical feathers". The inspirations came from here; she has free patterns and her quiltings are amazing.
Now, don't look too close to my feathers; it is something not to be look at too closely except for when you're on a galloping horse going by it at a high speed... LOL... but I'm happy with my second attempt of feathers. I think my brain is starting to get it because it was much easier to form the feathers, made them smaller, and going around corners were not as difficult.

4 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Rhonda you quilt is just lovely..and the backing is very nice...and wow the quilting...did you do this just on your domestic sewing machine?

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on the finish. I love the feathers in the border. They add a nice texture to the quilt.

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on your finish! The baby quilt is wonderful and I love the feather quilting.

Debbi said...

Way to go! Cute quilt! Your quilting is great too.