Saturday, July 26, 2008

Another finish and Miss "Lemoney" Milly


Yah!! The binding is on and the last stitch sewn on yesterday on my Pink Lemondade, a slightly large baby version of the OC mystery quilt done in 1930's reproduction fabrics.

This is my second finish for Peg's challenge of finishing five by the end of July.

The quilting inspirations came from here. The binding is pieced from purple FQs. Except for the batting and thread, the fabrics came from my stash. :-)

Meet Miss Lemoney Milly


I put the last finishing touches to her this morning. She the mystery project that I worked on before my Vegas trip. You can find the pattern in "Gift" by Rosalie Quinlan. I cheated a little by painting her face on instead stitchings, and I made little yo-yos for her blouse instead of using buttons.


She matches with Pink Lemonade quite well, don't you think? My intention for Miss Lemoney Milly is to go home with the quilt to whomever the quilt belong to.


Hmm... does she count as a third finish? Maybe?...


8 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

This is SO sweet and you did a very nice job on the quilting too.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Another finish, definitely! Well done. The quilting is fantastic, I'm going to check that site that you used for inspiration.

Anina said...

I love them both!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh Rhonda...what a beautiful quilt, congratulations on another finish...Miss Milly is just so cute.

Peddlecar Quilts said...

That is the cutest bunny EVER!!! How adorable! Your quilt is so pretty too. I love your colors---it just looks like something you want to snuggle up in!
Diane

Candace said...

Your Pink Lemonade turned out beautifully, and Miss Lemoney Milly looks right at home. Great Job.

Kucki68 said...

I love how the OC and Millie go together! Both looking great.

Quilter Kathy said...

That is such a gorgeous photograph of the quilt and Miss Milly! It shows the quilting so beautifully!