Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Bag and Quilts

I'm still catching up with things from the last 2 months that I haven't got a chance to post before....



The first thing is a messenger bag for Sweetie Pie's teacher. It was completed the night before the last day of school, June 12th. Gosh, it seems like it was so long ago.


SP's teacher loves horses, so I used the horse fabric for the flap and a school patterned print for the bag and handle.


The pattern inspiration came from here. I changed the construction and pattern a bit to fit my needs.

Here's SP modeling the bag for me that morning before headed off to school. Of course, the little doxies snuck in the photo too. :-)






Then, as soon as the bag was checked off the list, I pulled out some of my flimsies that have been waiting for the quilting.

Here they are after quilting.
From the top:
1. Fractured Crystal - I made the top a few years back after seeing it on Simply Quilts.
2. Strip Twist - a Quiltville pattern - the top was finished in February and blogged about it here.
3. Summer Breeze 2 - if this top looks familiar to you, then you may remembered that I had made two of the same tops. The first one was done last year, and I blogged about it here and here.

Quilts No. 1 and No. 3 were completed right before we left for vacation. I will count these two as June finishes for the One Project a Month Challenge (OPMC).

I wasn't able to finish sewing the binding down on STrip Twist, so it was completed during vacation time at Susan's house. Then it was washed right afterward. This quilt made the July count for the OPMC.

All three quilts were handed out to the recipients during our mini family reunion/camping.
This is a full view of Fractured Crystal....

... it went home with my SIL, Reyna....

Strip Twist went home with my nephew, Justin.

And Summer Breeze 2 went home with my older sister. Here it is on her couch. I didn't get a chance to get a photo of her and the quilt. :(
That concluded all the finished projects to date!
Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Rhonda you have been so busy...they are all just so lovely..

Peddlecar Quilts said...

Oh those quilts are so great! And thankyou for the link to Quiltville, what a fabulous site for your scrap quilts! I loved seeing all the ideas.
You are really making some progress, good for you!

Gari in AL said...

It is so nice that you are giving so many family members your quilts. I have done quilts for 2 of my 4 children, my sister, mother and husband but that's as far as I have gotten. I guess I better get busy. lol

Candace said...

Wow, Rhonda. Three great quilts, why don't I have any relatives like you.

Mrs Quilty said...

Those quilts are to die for!!! Beautiful! Your doxies look like they loved the camping trip!