Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Quick Post

Just want to make a quick post.... I'm still here and still busy! Things are picking up at work, so I've been putting in lots more hours there.

Last week, my brother and SIL, Susan, were in town for a couple of days. It was a quick visit, but we did lots of cooking (I learned a few new recipes...) and did some sewing. :>

If you've been following my blog, you may remember that Susan wanted to learn how to quilt and started blogging also. She wanted to learn how to make the Cathedral Window while she was here, so I taught her that. I'm hoping that Susan will start blogging again and show us her progresses on her quilt.

Like I said, it was a quick visit for all of us.... I totally forgot to bring out the camera for some snapshots. :(

While Susan worked on her project, I sewed the blocks together for the Doll Quilt Swap. Here's a peek of the finished top..... I have today off, so the plan is to turn off the phone.... don't want to get a call from work.... and finish up my swap obligations. The doll quilt is quilted.... the binding is on.... just need to stitch it down and add the label.

Another swap I'm in is the Annie Doll swap... see link on the right. I started the doll a couple of weeks ago, and she's been sitting there naked on my desk. lol Poor Annie! I think it's time I start on that dress for her.

Both of there swaps are due tomorrow! I have my works cut out for me!

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

scraphappy said...

Such an adorable Hunter's Star. Great colors. Have fun on your day off.

Trudi said...

Looks wonderful- I'm guessing blues and orange are your favourite colours at the moment! Do you have a link to the block pattern?