Sunday, November 11, 2007

Productive Weekend

It is good to be home these last two days. With the help of the kids, we cleaned the house in the mornings, got all the laundry washed, sorted, folded, and put away. YIPPEE! *U* Then, I had Hannah go through her closet and take out everything that she doesn't wear anymore. We filled up TWO LARGE BAGS. One bag was full of T-shirts, and quite a few of them are her favorites. Oh-oh... I feel the need for a T-shirts quilt coming up. he he Actually, I have two t-shirt quilts to do... ok, that's another post for later.

In the afternoon, I worked on my Secret Sister Swap(SSS) for the Nickel group. Yes, about two months ago, I was feeling ambitious at the time and signed up to do the exchange this year. The package need to be mail out by the end of November, and I was feeling a bit stressed out that I haven't started on this project yet because "life" has taken over. Sooo glad that I got some sewing in these last two days. This is my first time to join in on the fun. The rules are that I have to send my SS seven (for 2007) items on the list that are quilting related and need to be handmade by me or someone else. We had to answer a questionaire that will help us find and make this little gifts. The last thing on the list is any thing special from me to my SS... so, I decided to work my way backward and make a totebag in her favorite colors per answers on the questionaire. I will use this totebag as a giftbag.... a gift in a giftbag... clever don't you think? lol

Well, I got the totebag done and has started on the second gift... a potholder. I'm planning to do this in Christmas fabrics; it should be a quick project. Since there's no school tomorrow, I will work on it in the morning. No school = more sewing time. ;c) Sorry, I won't be able to post any pictures right now. You have to wait until the first week of December and after my SS has receive her gifts.

No comments: