Friday, August 22, 2008

I've been stitching away!


Every chance I got, I've been stitching away on this crazy quilt block for Linda's bag swap. I'm almost done with it... only two little spots left to add embellishments. Then, I will work on making it into a bag.

I'm quite certain that my swap partner doesn't read my blog, but just in case, I'm only giving a few sneak peeks here and there.



These are the fabrics (left photo) that I
pulled this morning to use to make the bag.


It is my first attempt at crazy quilting, and I just love it... though, there's a lot of work and time involved in stitching. But that is just part of doing any kind of handiworks, I supposed.
Stay tuned for another sneak peek ... I'm hoping to get this swap done this weekend ... then onto Stitchers Angel.

9 comments:

Julie said...

Our guild program last night was on crazy quilting! BTW, your photos are not showing up - at least for me. :0)

Amanda said...

This looks so fascinating, can't wait to see the finished bag. Mine's ready to post and I'm starting my Stitcher's Angel projects too.

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Beautiful work, love that dragonfly!

Erin said...

OMG I love what you are doing!! I wish you lived here in NH instead of CA! I would so be begging you to help me do that crazy quilting..your work is awesome!!!

Julie said...

I see the photos now. I guess my computer was having a bad day. Your embellishment is beautiful! I can see how this could become addictive!

Linda said...

Beautiful!

Elaine Adair said...

Wow Rhonda - can this teensy peek be the same block that I suggested needed a focus? This is pretty gorgeous! Can't wait to see the entire, and compare it to the original photo. I am ALWAYs amazed at some of our humble BEFORE photos, to see how they finished AFTER!

This is beautiful!

Susan said...

Way cool SIL! You are just full of talent! Please take a pic once you are completed. I would love to see it.

Arlette said...

Beautiful! Lovely fabrics and fantastic stitching. I'm sure it will make a fabulous handbag, especially so with the beautiful coordinating fabrics that you have chosen.
Take care.
Aloha!