Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Twist top done!

The weather has been gorgeous here in Southern California (sorry to those back East who still having the cold winter weather). It's perfect to go out and take a photo of my Strip Twist top that I got done yesterday.


I love the plaid and turquoise borders that Sweetie Pie had picked out for me! I think she has an eye for colors.... now if I can get her interested in quilting....

That one yard of turquoise fabric was just the right amount to do a 5" border. I had about 1" strip leftover and little bit of scraps to go into my scraps basket. What a great way to use up my stash! :-D

While I was out in the yard, I couldn't help but take a few flowers pix that are blooming my neglected garden. I'm not going to show you my weeds covered garden... OK? .... don't want to shock you! Thank goodness for hardy plants and photo cropping and editing! LOL

This Calla Lily is beginning to fade, but I still love the look of it.

Pink verbena...


Pink miniature roses...


... and of course, my cute little doxies.... on the hunt....


... for some little creatures... what's lurking in that groundcover?



Have a wonderful day!



4 comments:

Trudi said...

That looks stunning! I love all these ideas for using up scraps!

Quilter Kathy said...

Congratulations on finishing your beautiful strip twist so quickly!
Great job!

Julie said...

Let no stone go unturned in the quest for yard vermin!

Mary Johnson said...

I like that turquoise border - it's just perfect for this top.