Sunday, February 1, 2009

Super Bowl Twist




I visited Bonnie's blog this morning and saw that she is doing another Super Bowl quilt. This time it's with her Strip Twist pattern.



Well, since I didn't really have any plan to work on any particular project today, I thought I pulled out my Strip Twist to work on too.

A couple of months back I had an unexpected free day, so I decided to spend the day stripping. :-) My scraps basket was full with 2 1/2" strips. I just started sewing dark and light strips together until there were none left. Then after that day, I continued to sew here and there until the center of Strip Twist is done. I never did get a chance to post about it because of the Holidays and life got a bit busy.
So here it is.... with Sweetie Pie's help, the border fabrics are chosen. Fingers crossed... I only have one yard of that turquoise fabric to work with.

Hmmm.... I think someone is hungry! I'll get to the borders right after feeding the animals and.... family.

Happy Sewing!

4 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

thonda that looks awesome...

Lisa Boyer said...

LOVE that quilt...and especially LOVE that turquoise border you're auditioning there...perfect!

Vickie said...

wow Rhonda that look sterrific..well done
cheers vickie

scraphappy said...

Your quilt is looking great. I hope you have enough of the border. I love the challenges on quilt alongs, it's so much more fun than sewing away in isolation.