Friday, January 11, 2008

Mystery Continues

I was awaken EARLY this morning by the opening of the garage door. It's still pitch black and the numbers on the alarm clock shone brightly at 2:44. 2:44am?!? Who is opening the garage door at this early in the morning? Then I realized that since he's not in bed, it must have been John who opened the door. When I heard the truck started, then I knew it was him. Where is going to at this TIME OF THE NIGHT? Going to work already? He usually doesn't leave the house until 4:45am. Then I remembered, he is on-call this week....must have been really important or he couldn't fixed the problem remotely on the home computer.

I don't like it when he is on-call. We usually never get a good night sleep all week what with the pager and blackberry going off constantly throughout the night. But what can we do, that's part of his job. We were lucky when he was on-call the last time though, nothing seriously happened to the system in the middle of the night.

So there I was in bed, tried to go back to sleep, but sleep did not come. My mind was spinning with the things I need to do for the day. I kept telling myself to go back to sleep, but the brain refused to. It's too early, go back to sleep, I kept telling myself. But by now, my mind was on Bonnie's mystery quilt. Well, what the heck?! Might as well get up and check to see if Bonnie had posted the next step to the mystery. By now it's after 3 am, logged onto my laptop, went to her blog, and there it is, Step 6 is up. ;o) I can started to put together the mystery. Then I thought, well, before I do and since I was here at the computer, I might as well catch up with some blogs reading. The next time I looked up at the clock, it's already 5am! My, how time flies when you're in blogland. *lol* I should have been working on the mystery quilt.

With my cup of coffee in hand, I had until 6:30 am to sew some of the blocks together before the kids got up and started the day. I finished 10 of 16 of the Ohio blocks; here are nine together....

WHOA, HOLD THE PHONE!! I didn't see that before! There's something wrong with that top left block. I pieced that hourglass unit in the block the wrong way. Guessed that's what happens while I sew under the influence of sleep deprivation. LOL Oh well, Mr. Handy Dandy Seam Ripper is always by my sewing machine. ;o)

Friday is usually family night, but I'm hoping that I could sneak away here and there for some sewing time to finish the rest of step 6.....but first, I must take a cat nap before attempting to sew again. lol

No comments: